hating the piano and everything that comes with it

hi kids.

after practicing for an hour and *still* not being able to play anything
worth while, i've given up on the piano at this time.

i'll pick it up again tomorrow.  i'll have two hours to practice before
class.  of course, how much of those two hours will actually be spent
practicing remains to be seen.  and besides, i *do* have to go to the library
and find ten books on music therapy to annotate...

anyway, linford's note.  what with all the recent linford bashing, i was
surprised to see a note such as this one.

of course, maybe knowing that he's fallen from grace, he decided he cared
less to entertain and wrote more for his own enjoyment.

i think that's something he's failed to do lately in his letters...write for
himself to us.  it's more like he's writing out of duty.  and when one feels
like he or she *must* write to appease someone or something, they generally
do it without putting the entire heart and soul into it.

i was reading sarah's post about how linford has changed over the years.  and
how his smile was like a fake rolex.

and i remember thinking that maybe it was because he knew that he had
diminished in the eyes of his fans.  or maybe he was tired.  or maybe he was
having a bad day.  or maybe or maybe or maybe.

(nothing at all against you or your opinion, sarah...i honestly don't know
anything about the man at all)

anyway, i'm glad he wrote to us.  and it felt like it was because he wanted
to, not because he felt he had to.  and i would certainly like him to
actually become a part of the discussion list...i want to hear what he has to
say.

as for stacie editing what they read...

i agree because i don't think that the list was created for us to call anyone
names, and i do believe that, although we do have the right to do so, it
would hurt his feelings to know that he was being referred to as *asswipe* or
*the bad guy* or whatever else.

i don't agree with it because this list is also a way for us, the fans, to
communicate with the band through electronic means, and i think that, for the
band to evolve and grow and mature it would be important to decipher the
conflicting opinions of those who make up a dedicated fan base.

no, i don't think that the band is here to cater to our whims...but i think
that, every once in a while, even professionals need to stand down and listen
to what the onlookers say.  not that they need to do what we say...just
listen and think about it.

as for change...i like change.  change is a good thing.  i change my clothes.
 i change my mind.  i change my moods.  i change a lot of things.  and, most
importantly (to me, anyway), i change my music.  i don't listen to the same
things all the time.  i don't sing the same type of music all the time.  life
would be increasingly boring if i did, and i'm far too young to be caught in
a rut, emotionally or musically.

i'm sure that linford and karin and jack and ric and brian and terri and mike
and dave and jeff and anyone else who has ever been on stage (with or without
the members of over the rhine) feel the same way.  experimentation is a good
thing.

well, i didn't mean to ramble on so much.  i'm sorry.  and all because i
couldn't play *america* properly.  *sigh*

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka