RE: otr and mp3

> Hello list,
>
> I have some questions for ya regarding otr and mp3's.

Guess this means I should reply.

> Some time ago one listie had a web site with a *lot* of otr
> mp3's. I can't
> remember his name (yes, I'm stupid, I know) but I do know
> this page no
> longer exists (at its former URL).

Talking about Bob the Dancing Monkey?

> Anyway, now I'm busy sorting all these mp3's and the ones
> I've recorded on
> my PC and I'm stuck with a few I don't know exactly what they
> are. Can
> someone tell me more about:
>
> -  Goodbye, I will Remember, Tumbleweeds, Whatever You Say and Moth,
>    all by "Over the Rhine - Taylor"

>    Who or what is Taylor? I know Tumbleweeds and Moth are newer
>    songs that may be on ASR ( which I don't have yet), but the
>    other titles don't rng a bell.

'I Will Remember' is another song from ASR, and 'Whatever You Say' is
another relatively new one that apparently didn't make the cut.  They
haven't played that one in a while.

Taylor refers to Taylor University in Indiana.   I think it was a show from
late '97.

> -  Anyway

This one's from Cornerstone '98.

> -  Little Blue River

I'll have to check my sources to see where this one's from.

> The other question I wanted to ask is:
> Does any listie have (positive or negative) experience with
> portable mp3
> players?
> Are they any good? Are they expensive?

They're good, so far as I know.   The latest model Diamond Rio (w/64MB of
RAM) runs about $250 here in the states.  I'm not sure what the cost would
be in EuroBucks, or the Dutch equivalent.

HTH!

Chris
--
Chris Emery