Monk, Georgin & Fantomas at the BJF

Justina wrote:
>Now, onto Monk which played on the main stage before OtR. What is
>Ric thinking doing "Circle of Quiet"? Whats up with that? Im sorry,
>but he did the song no justice at all.

He's done it at every show I've seen him at, so it didn't come as a
surprise to me.  It is partially (if not mostly) his song.  Check the
credits on Patience.  Anyway, I like Monk's version of it.  I liked OtR's
version at the BJF more than their version as of late.  They didn't have
those hoaky add'l lyrics near the end... plus it was more rockin' and
played *together* not disjointed like the Moonlight show...

>Also got to see Mike Georgian play earlier in the evening. Man,
>what a bassist!! Its to damn bad he's not with OtR anymore, I
>really like his style.

Yeah, he's cool.  I've seen him a couple times play with his band Slant.
Killer shows.  6 songs in an hour and a half, and it flies by IMO... last
time I saw 'em, I stayed 'til about midnight, and they were gonna go on
'til 1am or so... they're definitely a cool band.

In other Blue Jordan Fest news- was anyone on the list there wearing a
FANTOMAS t-shirt?  I saw a guy behind me at the Georgin set wearing a
Fantomas shirt.  This is completely UNCANNY.  I was gonna go talk to him,
but I never did.  I can't believe that there'd possibly be another person
on this hemisphere who's into the stuff at Blue Jordan *and* Fantomas...
weird, weird stuff... and *that's* an understatement... it's quite possibly
the weirdest "music" out there, and I'm really into Fantomas-related band-
Mr. Bungle...

Dan

NP: Fantomas - Amenaza al Mundo [Book 1 Pages 1-30]

+- Dan Temmesfeld      Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com     http://www.dlm.net/gc/
     I pray that I will never ask for justice...
+-         Atomic Opera _For Madmen Only_          -+