Re: Jack & Patience

Kelvin T Bailey wrote:

> Hey, that's how it happened to me.  I was introduced to OtR through
> Patience and was totally hooked.  I then bought, and loved, Eve.
> However, after a couple of years, the glimmer wore off and they became
> just a band that I liked and respected,

the glimmer wore off? Hmmm. funny, that never happened with me. I have found
the more that I listen to the music the more I understand. It's like a good
poem. You can read it over and over again and it doesn't get boring or
normal, it simply gives more revelation.

> and verstility - But Over the Rhine will always be defined by Good Dog
> Bad Dog for me.

I have to admit that I don't pick sides in this battle much, becuase I find
all the OtR CD's awesome. I can't explain why. Perhaps it's my writing side
that has great respect for well written songs, which seldom happens in music
cause most are more concerned with the way it sounds. Yes, I love the music
as well... don't get me wrong. But most artists don't compare to OtR for me
becuase they don't have the deepeness of lyrics, ones that grow as you listen
to them.

I have to say that for me that although I love GDBD it's not the first OtR CD
I reach for. It has a season.. but beleive it or not I think Patience and Eve
are my favorites. I can't explain why. And TWHF comes into play there as
well.

Okay, enough of my ramblings. I don't have all the good arguments ya'll (I
can say that I am from Texas) have. but I have opinion

Amy