Besides and ASR

I have been reading all the posts that have been going back and forth
lately about the band's sound now as opposed to before...I have
noticed many of the references about the band's sound have had to do
with TWHF, Patience and Eve vs. GDBD...I have seen no mention of
Besides and ASR.  I have just recently gotten Besides at the
Moonlight Gardens show, but I am curious as to what people think
about these two albums.  I personally like GDBD quite a bit, and I
think some of the recent sounds have dropped off since that album.  I
enjoy The Darkest Night of the Year, but I haven't found many songs I
really like on Besides.  Discounting live versions of previous songs,
the only ones I really like on that album are Lucy and Miles (sort
of, but I think it gets a bit repetitive)...So- what do people think
about these two albums?  I am not trying to inspire argument, I would
just like to put this question out there...Also- does anyone like the
version of Bothered on Besides better than the one on Eve?  I was
somewhat disappointed by the differences in the two, and I can't put
my finger on what I like so much better about the version on Eve.  By
the way, I don't own ASR and that is why I am not commenting on it.
Sarah