Re: The new Bruce Cockburn CD

Kelvin T Bailey wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:25:09 EST "Shannon Lewis"
><slewis at libris_libs.uga.edu> writes:
>>
>>Now, I wonder what Bruce Cockburn's "Breakfast in New Orleans, Dinner
>>
>>in Timbucktu" will be like when IT comes out in a few DAYS!
>>Life is cool.
>>

>I thought it was already out.  Maybe that's why I can't find it.  Man, I
>get more music information here than from most music rags.  Thanks.

It IS out.  It came out on Tuesday.  I really like it.  Definitely better
than his last (though I like almost everything he puts out, even his more
political stuff...).  This one is much less political than most of his
stuff.   He works with Margo Timmins, Lucinda Williams, and Jonell Mosser,
singing with him on most songs (only one of them at a time, that is)

It was a hard one for me to find in the stores and I found it, of all
places, at Sam Goody in the mall near where I work (I hardly ever find
anything of quality at Sam Goody...).

Keep looking for it...or order it online from Amazon or CDnow (or whereever
else you like to shop).

Now, back to OTR....

I really felt bad not being able to get away this past weekend to see OTR
and meet many of you finally.  That's the tough thing about living in
Portland, OR when most of the rest of you are in the midwest somewhere.  Oh
well, I'll continue being an outsider on this list who no one knows or
cares about....

Gregg

NP: Julie Miller - Broken Things
greggm at teleport_com