Re: no more brian.

Hmm reading this post made me realize how long I have been on this list.
Granted I do not post much but I do read many the postings. I like Brian in
OTR too and Ric, but he looked unhappy.  I really liked Mike he smiled a
lot. I like going to a concert and actually seeing the people on stage
playing smiling as though they enjoyed performing. Almost as though they
were just up there having fun not really trying to produce the most perfect
performance possible but for friends or family.  I like Terry on violin; too
it provides an interesting sound to the performance.
I also remember posts discussing the meaning of this or that song. I think
they died out because some people have a Christian slant on them and others
do not.  Moreover, it seemed that people could not get past that point so it
was no longer fun to post about trying to figure out the meaning of the
songs. In addition, I think that some of OTR’s songs just do not have the
depth of some of their older material. Well it does but not the volume as
they once did.  I was disappointed that I did not have a zillion of messages
about the moonlight gardens show.  I guess I should have just done it myself
but I thought there would be so many people posting about it so I did not
want to be repetitive.
I loved the performance at Canal Street in Dayton and I liked moonlight
gardens. However, I miss the old shows too.  I was listening to TWHF last
night and was amazed about how clear Karin’s voice is.  However, I remember
at the shows in 1994 and 1995 you could hardly hear her at times it sounded
as though she did not want to be heard.
I am not sure if the comparison is sad in the fact that they are no longer
the same band in 89/90. However, the music, along with the individuals in
OTR, have gown and matured. Maybe not in ways some would like, but that is
the product of time and we all have to deal with it. It alternative is not
very appealing and I would rather see OTR as they are than not at all.
Although it would be nice to see a performance like the one in 1996 (?) at
the Emery Theater.
Later,
Debbie

3174685 ICQ number
The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile
nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to
one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to
trust him. -Ralph Waldo Emerson