More Moonlite Gardens thoughts

Hey y'all.

I'm rather surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about this past
weekend.  Perhaps even a little disappointed.  I expected to return home to a
mailbox overflowing with a plethora of reviews, commentaries, and jokes
about, and/or criticisms of, Linford.  A few kind souls have provided their
thoughts, but the usual suspects are unusually quiet.

I'm not much of one for reviews, so I can't give much of one here.  I'd have
provided the setlist, but I left the one I grabbed off the stage in Bruce's
car.  "Paul and Virginia" was listed, but wasn't played, regrettably.  They
did finally play "Rhapsodie" in my presence however, so I suppose I can die
somewhat happy now.  "Jacksie" was a big surprise.  Any guesses as to which
oldie will be the next one to get dusted off and incorporated into this
post-Ric/post-Brian incarnation of the band?

It had been so long since I'd seen Terri onstage with the band that I'd
forgotten how much her voice adds to the mix.

The man from Guelph was a fabulous addition to the lineup.

I regret not making it to the pre-show listie get-together and the Sunday
morning whatever-it-was at Bruce's place.  It was a joy to behold all your
familiar faces again, and that joy was increased by making the acquaintance
of so many listies I'd not previously had the pleasure of meeting.

I hung out with listies at the legendary Kaldi's.  It's nice to finally have
some sense of a place that I've heard so much about over the years.  Of
course, that memory will always bear the scars of Jessyka's fiance spilling a
beer in my lap...  ;)

I still can't bring myself to try that stuff that they try to pass off as
Mexican food in the midwest.

How many more seemingly disjointed reminiscences can I come up with?  All too
many probably, but I do believe I'm well past the point where I should have
stopped to have avoided rambling incoherently.

I think I'll go now...

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  assorted MP3s

"I alternate between fantasy and the cold hard truth; I oscillate between the
cool and the uncouth; but I resonate to the piercing eyes of God I sought in
my youth." -- The 77's