Linford's little note

When I read things like Linford's letter to us all, I realize just how
horribly I write.  My best prose is all too similar to technical writing when
it stands on its own, but compared to Linford (or that woman with 5000 brains
and the others on this list from whom words flow), my own seem infinitely
unimpressive.

When is someone going to publish Linford's scribblings?

Anyway...

Sad to see Brian won't be on the bill for the eleventh.  Very
disappointing...   And although I enjoy Niki Buehrig, I was hoping for a
different "Special Guest" this time.

Although most everyone else is likely to jump on Linford's mention of Tom
Waits, I'll have to instead encourage everyone to check out his one classical
mention - Henryk Gorecki's Symphony No. 3.  It's sublime.  Perhaps as moving
a piece of music as I've heard.  The recording by the London Sinfonietta with
Dawn Upshaw singing the soprano is remarkable.

On a semi-unrelated note, is anyone else having difficulty receiving mail
from the list.  A lot of the posts are coming thru a day or two late, so I'm
having to keep myself updated thru the archive.  It's getting a little tiring
to do that though.

See y'all in ten days...

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Tom Russell - "The Man From God Knows Where"

"I alternate between fantasy and the cold hard truth, I oscillate between the
cool and the uncouth; but I resonate to the piercing eyes of God I sought in
my youth." -- The 77's