RE: technically challenged

> Just a couple of technical questions, if anyone wants to field
> them...I've had this juno account for a couple of years, but I still
> haven't figured these things out.
>
> 1. When I read a reply to one a post, it often has the
> original post - or
> parts of it - included in the reply surrounded by these
> things < >.  How
> do you do that?  I know that I can click on the reply option
> and select
> "include original message," but won't that just send the reply only to
> the sender of the original message?  I'm confused.

What email client are you using?   That makes a lot of difference in the
answer.

> 2. I often see my full name with middle initial, particularly
> on replies
> to my posts, but I have never posted my name that way.  My
> e-mail adress
> is only my first and last name crammed together with no space and no
> caps.  Where is this coming from.  Should I really be paranoid and
> believe there really are space aliens with 5000 minds operating here.

What email client are you using?   That makes a lot of difference in the
answer.

There are several fields in the headers of an email: From, Reply-To, and so
forth.  One of these has your full name attached to it.   It's harder to
tell on a post to the list, because the majordomo munges the headers so
much.

HTH.

--
Chris Emery