technically challenged

Just a couple of technical questions, if anyone wants to field
them...I've had this juno account for a couple of years, but I still
haven't figured these things out.

1. When I read a reply to one a post, it often has the original post - or
parts of it - included in the reply surrounded by these things < >.  How
do you do that?  I know that I can click on the reply option and select
"include original message," but won't that just send the reply only to
the sender of the original message?  I'm confused.

2. I often see my full name with middle initial, particularly on replies
to my posts, but I have never posted my name that way.  My e-mail adress
is only my first and last name crammed together with no space and no
caps.  Where is this coming from.  Should I really be paranoid and
believe there really are space aliens with 5000 minds operating here.

Okay, you techies, let 'er rip!  Much thanks.