flatter me sincerely...

--- Kelvin T Bailey utters ponderously and mightily:

> Okay, it seems to me that one of two things is
> happening here...
>
> 1) Several people who post here have developed a
> remarkable affinity for,
> and ability to imitate LInford's prose.
> 2) Linford, a very busy man, has actually hired some
> of you as ghost
> writers.
>
> Which one is it...come on, fess up...You can tell
> us, we're all friends.

(raising eyebrows)

Mr. Bailey, we admire your skills in observation and
detection...however...you will never get away with
this!

you are close in your suspicions of ghost writers of
Linford, however the dastardly truth is much more vile
and horrific and so much so that to utter it aloud
would cause you to give up hope in the afterlife.
    we, of course, shall inform you anyways.

by subscribing to the -- shall we say "otr digest" you
actually signed on to a highly sophisticated operative
of multi-level top secret ultraparanoid information
exchange.  the messages you suspected to be "fluff"
(most coming from one called the devoit seeker of
fluff) or even concert listings are in truth, encoded
transcripts of information that only particular
members can understand.  many of the "listies" are not
single regular normal folks like they pose as, but
entities with thousands of minds compiling together to
put out the dialog of wit, wisdom and brilliance--all
the while communicating highly classified information.
 if we were to translate it, we'd have to kill you.

for instance, the entity called "lindsey godlove" is
in actuality, one of our top relayers of information
and has precisely 5,930 minds working behind every
single post to make certain spacing, characters,
misspells and everything look apropriately human.  we
have hired three separate actresses to pose as ms.
godlove to manage our affairs in collecting
information for the hivemind and relaying it to the
entities posing as linford and karin.

pardon?  what was all of that?
I think I should go back to work now...

lynz