the Gardens were lit, lit by the light of the gilded Moon.

In a message dated 8/10/99 1:03:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stenad at email_uc.edu writes:

> Does anyone know what the seating is like at Moonlight Gardens?

Grüße, Herr Sten!

i saw OtR at the Moonlight Gardens once about
four or five years ago... beautiful performance. nice venue.

i remember it, being a little overwhelmed.
upstairs, downstairs, outside, in.
i was interacting with several different facets
of friends and acquaintences in shifts, George Castanza
would say something about "worlds colliding"...
no easy balance, but i enjoyed it all richly just the same.

this was awhile ago, and my memory's a little shifty
in my thinking around that time, but here goes...

the stage is outdoors, and it faces a grande open building.
pillars.
marble.
stone/tile mosaic work.
beautiful artsy folk.
smells like popcorn.
the building shapes a concave crescent opposite the stage,
and there is a wrap-around balcony area for optimal view.
chase lounges and patio chairs are to be found on this balcony area.
the other desirable location is, of course, the floor
between the stage and building.

this is all a way of saying no, Andy, i don't
believe there to be any seating at this venue -
save for a truckload of patio furniture upstairs.

Cincinnatians - test me. test my memory. is this even close?
                          is this even the same place, or different?

            (is that the only memory i have from that entire year?!)
                       (...and what year was it, at that!?)

oh, and we lit out after the East End Cafe' later that evening.
Maker's Mark.
darts.
conversation of new design methods.

i'm going to go out on a limb and purchase two tickets
as soon as possible. need to be in Cinci that weekend
anyway, there are Murderous murmerings to be recorded that Saturday.

danke,

edvurd j.

NP: Cranes - Loved (1994) - Shining Road.mp3

"When I first came to town
All the people gathered round
They bought me drinks
Lord, how quickly they changed their tune"
Nick Cave - When I First Came To Town
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ICQ #13819982   ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2