miles and miles before...

Here we are, the crickets and I and the all of you just to the
other side of my screen.  Lynzi dear, thank you for inspiring
me to stay awake and talk for a while instead of just drinking
my coffee and going to my empty bed.

You haven't seen much of me lately, but there are reasons.
There was the week of camping in west-state New York, and then
the aftermath of being away from the regular rhythms of life
for that blessed week...the job search, the interim move-in-progress,
the interminable tangles of putting a finish on research and
papers.

Those of you who know me well will be amazed, no doubt, that I
have actually made a decision.  I want to work in environmental
education...with children, outdoors, all day.  Teaching and living in
a diverse, close-knit community (and getting to play with horses too
if I play things properly).  Ah, but this is only one decision: this
is the "what" of things, but not the "where".  And this is the place
where you can all be of help.

I have two real options right now: An offer of a position at a camp
near Jackson, MI (my birthplace, and a place I don't seem to be able
to easily escape); and an interview Tuesday of next week with a camp
near Cincinatti.  Jackson is too familiar, but filled with family;
Cincinatti is unknown and therefore both attractive and scary.

If you were me...?

(Probably, you'd go to bed.)

     Perhaps that's what I'll do, thanks.

Maybe the thunderstorm will finally visit my apartment.

Then I'll be able to sleep.

--
Amy N. Macrellis
Department of Geological Sciences