Re: Steve Earle

Gabe writes:

> Never heard of either one but I'd like to find out more. Can you find these
>  guys on the web somewhere? I listen to alot of stuff like Robert Earle
>  Keene, David Wilcox, The Gourds, Reckless Kelly, SunVolt, Wilco, etc.,
>  basically anybody you would expect to see on Austin City Limits. If Todd
>  Snider or Nervous Recks approach(or is it approaches?) this genre then I'm
>  sure I would dig 'em.
>
>  -Gabe

Can't say that I've heard of them either.  I've at least heard of the ones
that Gabe mentioned, though none of them would be listed amongst my favorites
at this point.  I lean more towards the likes of Dave Alvin, Gillian Welch,
Lucinda Williams, Iris DeMent, and Buddy Miller.  Of course, a nice dose of
Hank Williams, Sr. never hurts either.  :)

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  The Innocence Mission - "Umbrella"

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all
other organisms." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky