Re: Re: Is there anybody listening?

>>...and the point is, he's in his 30's now, his musical era has slipped into
>>the past.  He's "...on the autumnal tail end..."  And I realized, listening
>>to my Joe Jackson last night, that I am probably starting to encounter the
>>same phenomenon.
>
>Now, wait a minute. Explain to me how it is that one's ability to appreciate
>new music and keep one's mind open somehow dissipates once one hits the
>Big 3-0? One's "musical era" is any time in which one has the capability to
>buy one's own CDs. Dammit.

Ah.  My reference to his age was intended to place his sonic youth in a
historical perspective (he would have been in college in the mid-eighties),
which, along with the selections he's held on to (INXS, Simple Minds, U2),
would date his musical tastes and "type" his era.

I'm still buying.  He is too, for that matter (the aforementioned Pop and
some recent R.E.M. were in there).  But I recognize that my musical base is
starting to oxidize.  I've got one Apples in Stereo album, and 10 or so
Talking Heads, who broke up a decade ago.  Which do I listen to more?  Go
figure.

Psycho Killer, what is it?
jnf