Re: Re: Is there anybody listening?

In a message dated 7/8/99 8:25:24 AM, jnedsfox at moody_edu wrote:

>...and the point is, he's in his 30's now, his musical era has slipped into
>the past.  He's "...on the autumnal tail end..."  And I realized, listening
>to my Joe Jackson last night, that I am probably starting to encounter the
>same phenomenon.

Now, wait a minute. Explain to me how it is that one's ability to appreciate
new music and keep one's mind open somehow dissipates once one hits the Big
3-0? One's "musical era" is any time in which one has the capability to buy
one's own CDs. Dammit.

Lately Lurking Around My CD Player:

Cry Cry Cry			s/t
Medazzaland			Duran Duran
Mixed Up				The Cure
A Violent Impression & City of Sin		This Picture
Piping Hot: A Celtic Bagpipe Collection
Jewel (CD single)		The Cranes
Highlights: La Boheme	Puccini
Take Me Away (CD5)	Mix Factory
Karma					Delirium
Deep Blue				Peter Mulvey
Vision Thing			Sisters of Mercy
Unbelieveable			Diamond Rio

I may be clueless, but at least I'm eclectic.