@ cider

Bruce said:

>CIDER
>Blah.  Like an acidic alcoholic Dr Pepper.  I understand the Constitution
>protects you Americans on the list who may enjoy it however.

Yummy - I like Dr Pepper too!  I remember moving to Ohio from Tennessee when I
was just a wee lass.  I was quite distraught over the relative lack of Dr
Pepper.  It's everywhere now though!

You know Bruce - I was reading the liner notes to the 98 degrees CD (it's my
roommate's, really!), and I saw one or two Lachey's in the band.  Also, one of
the guys thanked Miami U.  Interesting.

Then Aaron B said:

>>I'm going to have to step in here and disagree. Woodchuck is the best
>>cider(and quite possibly the best beverage) on the planet. That's original
>>Woodchuck mind you, not the green apple stuff. There's nothin' better than a
>>cold Woodchuck on a hot day...
>Of the 3 ciders I've tried (Hornsby's, Woodchuck, Hard Core), I prefer Hard
>Core.
>That's not to say I really enjoyed any of them greatly, I'm not much of a cider
>fan.  Ales and stouts (mostly British) are my game.
>I'd have to cast a vote for Fraoch Heather Ale (from Scotland) as the best
>beverage
>on the planet.  A crisp and well-bodied Celtic treasure.

Woodchuck's always been a little too sweet for me.  what can I say - it's a
personal taste!  Beer-wise, I adore Belgian beer.  There's a local brewery out
here in Colorado that makes a belgian-style ale called Fat Tire which is to die
for!  And their Sunshine Wheat is quite possibly my fave beer ever.

And Gardner said:

>Hey gang... here's my two cents on the cider thing.  The In-Cider scoop, if
>you will.

In-Cider - I like it!  :-P

>I don't know if anyone out there likes Guinness as well as cider, but
>combined they make a nice concoction.  The sweet balances out the bitter in
>a sort of sweet tart effect.

Guinness and cider, interesting.  I think I may have seen that in a bar
somewhere, but I've never tried it.  I'll have to check it out.  I did try a
raspberry ale/champagne concoction once that was quite the tasty summer
spritzer.

OK - I've got to end this now - I'm beginning to feel like an alcoholic!

Thanks again for all the Savannah info Aaron & Gardner - you guys are awesome!
I owe you each a cider (or other beverage of choice) next time I see ya'!

Dawn

NP:  Edith Frost _Telescopic_