Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

In a message dated 7/7/99 7:12:51 PM, Otherone at aol_com wrote:

>I did too and then he showed his stripes. He is a social,political,subhuman
>whore. I cant see anyone seeing him as anything different. He ruined the
>credibillity of my party.

This is a country in which you can change political parties as often as you
change your underwear. You're perfectly within your rights to join up
wherever you see ideologically fit. Personally, I'm fairly happy with the
economy, and I'm still fairly happy being a Democrat.

>We were talking about Nafta and his trade policy.

You were. I was talking about non-isolationist policies and the world as a
community.

I do believe we can and should think of our planet as more interdependent.
While I deplore the need for US intervention in Kosovo, I recognise its
necessity, and I wish the US had taken more of a hand in events in Rwanda.
I'll never forget the NPR reports on what was happening there, and of a
person working there, on the phone with a friend, who saw troops coming down
the road and knew they were coming to kill him. He said his goodbyes, and
then the phone dropped to the sound of gunfire. Granted, this is a drop in
the terrorist bucket, but I believe it makes our much-vaunted role of
last-minute cavalry ring a bit hollow when we pick and choose where we'll
raise the flag of Freedom. Just because we're more dependent on a stable
Europe than a stable Africa doesn't mean the people in either place bleed any
less.