Re: Bibles

In a message dated 7/7/99 2:16:56 PM, rfilby at hotmail_com wrote:

>A friend of mine once pointed out that a lot of people think it is
>disrespectful for Christians to write in and highlight their Bibles.  They
>see it as sacrilegious in a way...
>
>I'd never thought about it before but I can see the point...
>
>Not that this is really discussing...it was just a thought I thought I'd
>share...nice to meet you all!

Hi, Filby!

I went to a Quaker school, and we all had to take a class in Religious
Thought. I didn't think anything of writing in my Bible, either, until I saw
my teacher shudder. But I have to say, if I want to go back and read
something again, there are my notes and annotations right there, which makes
it much easier for me.

Having said that, I DO keep my Bibles on the top shelf in my room, which I
know will surprise Jay. (Smooch, baby.)

Hmm. I am reminded, however, that breaking a spine or otherwise damaging ANY
book of mine is something that'll get you banished from my library for life.