Re: Re: Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

In a message dated 7/7/99 3:18:16 PM, barkera at nsk-corp_com wrote:

>>Put a human face on your belief and watch it change. I watched the Canadians
>>dump their beef in America and starve the small farmers.

Yeah, this was the one that got me. You want to talk about the face of human
suffering? When was the last time you saw some pictures from Somalia,
Ethiopia, the Sudan? I'd say there are some folks there who could use some
grain that government subsidies are compensating U.S. farmers not to grow.
(Or were-- has this changed, anyone know?) We're all screwed up all over the
world. What's yer point?

Anyway, Aaron, Ribena is the Nectar of the Gods. It's a concentrate of black
currants, sold in a long, tapering bottle. Just add water (or maybe some
Sprite or ginger ale-- yum!) and you have a scrumptious and nutritious drink.
It is also available already reconstituted, but they make it a bit stronger
themselves than I'm used to.

Unfortunately, it's an English product, and notoriously difficult to get
here. Somehow, though, I've managed to find it in the markets down in
Chinatown. Go figure.

It's very, very yummy. If you ever happen to stumble across it, try some.