Re: Bibles

 rfilby writes:

><< They
>see it as sacrilegious in a way...

I guess that I always am surprised when I hear this because back when I
was in high school (a Catholic School) we were taught to make notations,
high lights, etc, in our bibles, to help us understand it better.  I
guess that I see that sort of thing as the most respectful thing that you
can do with a bible.  You are then truelly learning from from it.  The
copy of the Bible that I used for my high school religion classes is
still my most valued.  when I read out of it and come across an old
notation, it reminds me of class disscussions that we had about that
particular passage years ago.  It allows me to see clearly how God was
speaking to me through that passage years ago, and reflect on how that
contrasts with how He speaks to me now through it.  It gives me a review
of my journey, if you will.  I still make notations in my Bibles, so that
years from now I can do the same thing.

jen

Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.