Re: Jen's Vengance... call for Raven

> In a message dated 7/6/99 6:41:02 PM, yavin at mindspring_com wrote:
>

> >Raven... am I not correct in assuming that there IS a chemical difference
> >between pencil lead and diamonds?  There must be some result from the
> >"pressure and heat causing the carbon atoms to restructure" (thanks Nicole!)
> >that causes the crystalization.  Not that this is my discussion anyway, just
> >wanted your apinion.
>

> Have anything to do with the fact that there's no lead in pencils? It's
> graphite now, baby. Just like my new pool cue. Well, not JUST like it. I
> catch anyone writing with my cue, it's the Pointy Boots of No Forgiveness.

[dredging up my knowledge of rocks and brushing off considerable amounts
of dust]

Carbon = graphite = diamond.
The only difference is a few million years of intense temperature and
pressure (and one whopping cartel).

So, um... no.  you're wrong.  have a nice night. :)

Completely unrelated: If anyone catches anything on their local news
about a student at Wayne State University named Steve Reed, please let
me know (he's a friend of mine who has been missing in Oregon for two-
ish weeks now.  Any information would be most appreciated.).

Take care, kids.
Raven