@ Perfect Day

Mr. Emery, I am quite enamored of your campaign platforms.  I did graduate
research in the city water/contraceptive thing for a pharmaceutical firm
(RJD) and it was discovered to be quite feasible, and obviously quite
necessary in today's day and age.

(There's a pubic hair on my Coca-Cola.)

Should I be appointed any cabinet post in the Emery Presidency, I would
strive to remove guns from the hemisphere, legalize use of medical and
recreational marijuana, and transform the Pentagon into the world's largest
theme park (you decide the theme).  These all would be best achieved if was
the Secretary of Education I think.  Except that's not very manly, being a
Secretary.  I'd be the Headmaster of State Education.

(Tim Robbins was innocent in Shawshank Redemption, and there's no way he
could have spooned his way out of Mansfield in two years.)

I think everyone should vote, and this part I'm being QUITE serious about:
It's my personal belief that political party tags should be removed from the
voting ballot.  (The "Democrat" or "Republican" or "Libertarian" etc.
trailing each name to assist the politically challenged at voting time).  If
you haven't researched it enough to know what party a candidate is, guess.
That should normalize the field some.  We'll know it's working when every
vote is nearly a 50/50 split...

I honestly agree on more government funding for arts and esoterics; I'm not
convinced there'll be enough work for everyone in the near future.  R.
Buckminster Fuller convinced me of this in "Critical Path".  It's wacky
read, but a read nonetheless.  He's the only author I know to use "ergo"
every page or so in a substantial volume.

Bruce

(just a perfect day, drink sangria in the park,
   then later, when it gets dark, we go home)  L. Reed

(know your human rights, be what you come here for)  Sting

(emotionless and cold as ice; all of the things I like)  D2

******
Mr. Emery's platform again:

My platform:
-Eliminate welfare right away.  Give those currently on welfare 6 months to
find a job.
-Initiate a plan to eliminate Social Security within 20 years.  This means
no new benefits paid out, and one generation of workers paying in to slough
off those currently getting benefits who haven't died yet.
-Eliminate just about every other social welfare program, and use those
funds to eradicate the governmental debt.-Freeze military spending for 5
years.-keep US troops out of bullshit propaganda overseas conflicts that
have
nothing to do with us (i.e. Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo)
-Run the government fiscally like a business - how many business would be
able to operate at a loss as long as Uncle Sugar has?
-People convicted of death penalty crimes (in their state) will be executed
after one appeal - max time 2 years, then ZAP.
-Actually, I'll institute a federal death penalty - and include rapists,
child molestors, and other algae that needs scraped out of the gene pool.
-I'll figure out a way to introduce contraceptives into the water supply,
and families who want children can apply for a permit that will provide the
antidote.
-Once the books are balanced, subsidize schools, libraries, internet access,
and the fine arts to promote learning and cultural growth.

******
end Emery forward.