Re: selections and cycles of music (was Re: @ Either dead or alive...)

I'm with jnf, I'm pretty OK to listen to whatever whenever.  (Unless by your
post jnf you meant you only listen to one genre now, which I doubt is the
case).

There ARE rare occasions when I absolutely MUST listen to a song, but
usually it's less pronounced.  "Darkest Night of the Year"s "First Noel" is
like that for me, kinda does what Marq posted earlier.  I can put it on
driving at the first snow or the first sunny spring day and be lost in this
odd Bret Easton Ellis "Less than Zero"esque zone.  But in a good way!!

Last night, I picked up the following CDs for my 2+ hour drive and selected
tracks accordingly:

P Mulvey: Rain + Brother Rabbit Speaks
Madonna: Drowned World remix CD5 import
Philadelphia Soundtrack
Throneberry: Squint Before the Dazzle
Duran Duran: Essentials (Night Versions)
KMDFM: Money
Have a Nice Decade Box Set: CDs 5 + 7
John Mellencamp: Scarecrow
EMF: Stigma

and they will stay in my car for about a week.  Does this kind of forced
listening subset constitute a cycle?  Yes and no, in my book.

Bruce

(when no-one's in your empty town
and lonliness is all around
call and I'll be there to guide you through
to find the strength inside of you
through trust)