Re: good venues, etc.

In a message dated 6/24/99 12:36:35 PM Central Daylight Time, OncleBoo writes:

> La Mirada, eh?  So I guess that means you'll be attending Biola?  One of
the
> few OtR fans I know out this way has been attending Biola, but I don't know
> if she'll be there in the fall or not.  Regardless, it'll be good to have
> another listie out this way.

Yep.  Who is the other OTR fan?  The friend who first introduced me to their
music attends Biola, that's why I'm asking.  Another OTR fan is coming out
there with me (a non-listie/lostie), so maybe we could have our own little
OTRfest or something. =)

>  I don't go to as many as I'd like since my friends and I don't always see
> eye-to-eye musically, and I don't get a great thrill out of going alone to
> concerts.  As far as OtR goes, they don't make it out here too often.  They'
> ve been through here twice in the past year with the Cowboy Junkies, but
it's
> not nearly as much fun seeing them as the openers instead of as headliners.

> To my knowledge, they've only played SoCal a couple times as headliners.
The
> first time was approximately 5 years ago before I knew of them at all.  The
> most recent time was either October or November of '97.  My recollection is
> that Linford said that they were surprised at how good a reception they got
> out here at that time and that they'd like to play out here again,
> unfortunately they haven't done so yet.  Consequently, to get my OtR fix, I
> had to fly back to Ohio a couple months ago to see them play there.

What other bands do you like?  Hmm. Maybe if we can generate enough interest
(i.e. barrage the band with pleas to journey out to SoCal), we could get them
to come!!  I saw them with the CJ's last fall.  Definitely not a bad show,
but nothing compared to this year's show at the Ark.  I usually have to drive
to MI to see them, but it's always been worth it!

>  Glad I could help, if indeed all of that was helpful.  Let me know when
you
> move out here.  I know there's another person or two on the list from
SoCal,
> and if I can get them to come out of hiding, it'd be nice to have a mini
> listie get-together out here.

Of course it was helpful!! Thank you very much for the insight. And I'll have
to have someone to go to concerts with, so I'll definitely let you know when
I get out to La Mirada.

=) Sam