Re: la musica del leest (no OtR)

AmyraveN spoke ov thyngs musickal...

> > Mister jay taunts us with:

taunt? don't you mean assail, or even bullyrag?

...or do you really mean entice?

> let it be known that i have a set of imported zils
> (bellydancer finger cymbals) with the engraved visage
> of Nefertiti on them. furthermore, that i've been known
> to tie them on and wow those peoples present with
> eerie ethnic sounds and hand flourishes...
>
> > Think we could include these in our little cover-endeavor?
> > (Mmm...I still should talk to you about that, no?)

we should still talk about that, yes.

by the way, i have spent some time in listening
and re-listening, Raven. i'm somewhat intimidated.
however, i believe that given the right mix of ethnicity
and otherworldliness this could - with hope - meet to
what you are going after.

Jacksie's voice is one that whispers a different tongue...

(now all you have to do is find suitable
housings in which to lay her voice down)

> > is this to say that more creative types are drawn to OtR
> > than any other band, or that those drawn OtR have the
> > common nerve net of creative spirit?
>
> Yes.

and so thee HiveMind is thee NerveNet.

now what's this about a saltry with a 'p'?
> For my part, I have an accoustic (Yamaha) guitar and a
> clarinet which I can play relatively well, an assortment of
> recorders and pennywhistles which I pretend that I can play
> on occasion, and a neat little instrument called a saltry
> that needs re-stringing in the worst possible way.  And I like
> to think that I can sing, and occasionally someone agrees
> with me. :)

Amy, i didn't know you had or played some of these instruments.
the psaltry - is it the plucked or bowed flavour?
that could also fit so very well... a mixture of upper European,
middle eastern, southeastern Michigan, er, hm.

for anyone interested in instruments from the entire
surface of this planet, i strongly suggest you check out
Lark In The Morning. they're a distrubutor in Mendocino,
CA, and have everything you could imagine.
the caliber of instruments they carry is sometimes less
than perfect, but it's easier than trekking to Istanbul.

(or was that Constantinople?)

(oh, i guess it's nobody's business...)

(except the Turks'.)

now that this has degraded beyond repair,

jay

NP: black tape for a blue girl - _As one aflame laid bare by desire_

"Music. It is the only sensual pleasure without vice."
Samuel Johnson (1709-84), English author, lexicographer.
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^
          http://members.aol.com/jaharnish2