Re: Re: Chris Emery & Adrian Belew

In a message dated 6/20/99 9:20:54 PM, jg900 at bright_net wrote:

>np:  billy bragg and wilco  __mermaid avenue__

And this morning on the living room floor bink regaled us all with the story
of Mermaid Avenue. Is it a conjunction of the stars that this album comes up
all over the place?

Last night was wonderful, bink, baby. Ooooh, lala! Or something equally
suggestive: like, sorry we deflated the air mattress, baby-- I guess it's not
up to the challenge in its old age. (Blame Simon, I swear!) On the other
hand, it certainly was fun to walk out into the living room and grab
breakfast off the wall-- or the thermostat, or the pictureframes, or the
lamps.... So I guess you do have your uses.

Jamie is an excellent host, bless him. Jen is adorable when she sleeps. DM is
furry. Jona blushes. Jessyka is the ultimate in social giftedness. Chris
Emery seems to not know how to check his answering machine or be home when he
says he will be. Jay and Lynzi look smashing in black-- and Lynzi has
excellent taste in adornments. Heather 10 gives great hugs. So does Alyssa.
Raven...she was standing right next to me, and someone tapped me on the
shoulder thinking I was she. I was immensely flattered. Kyle needs more
training. jg proved once again that he absolutely rocks-- TWELVE BOXES of
cereal! Dearly Beloved is as beautiful as ever and she inspired me so much I
came home with TWO rosebushes tonight! And a little lavender plant on the
side. Bonnie restored my faith in humanity with her judicious application of
chocolate and strawberries. And the town of Kent proved it is indeed a VERY
strange place-- in a little bar on East Main I ran into a very dear friend I
lost touch with a year and a half ago in Amherst,hat boy sure can play that
there gee-tar!

I feel restored by the weekend, fellow Lostees. I am renewed by the
realisation that there is still space in my life for insanity and wildly
changing schedules and spontaneity and sleeping wherever you fall and taking
sudden turns off strange roads. I am cheered by the knowledge that I am free
to create perfect little boxes of glorious little memories that I can hold
close to my chest and open whenever I like, inhaling like the new roses I
brought home with me, sharing with friends back home like sunlight. Or
perhaps, more accurately, like chocolate-dipped strawberries.

No-- like sunlight. I'm not sure I could share the strawberries.