Re: poetry slam

Gardner McPherson" <yavin at mindspring_com> writes:

>Poetry slam is a nationwide competition that includes teams from New
>York
>and LA, Cleveland, and (HOPEFULLY... if we got our damn dues in...
>it's out
>of my hands!) Pittsburgh.  This year the National slam is being held
>in
>Chicago.

Again, DM knows more about this then I do, but I know that Slam isn't
just limited to thosehuge gigantic cities. there are ones in Athens, Ga,
Arkansas, Housten, Texas, Rhode Island, Boston, Seattle (? I think?) etc.
	Also, they aren't just limited to the states either.  If I
remember correctly, there was one from Isreal, and one from Turkey.
	Not too shabbey for a sport that's only been around for a decade
or so.
	I was surprised that Pittsburgh didn't have one already.  In
general, there are more cultural oppurtunities in Pittsburgh then in
Cleveland.  MOre big are showing make it too the Pittsburgh museum of art
then  make it to the Cleveland museum of art.  More of the big Broadway
touring companies make it to Pittsburgh theatres then to Cleveland
theatres, also.  I figured it would be the same for poetry as well.

jen

Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.