New record news

So I'm standing in the back of the room at Schuba's on Saturday, when I
get a tap on my shoulder. It turns out to be Linford. He gave me a bunch
of info to "tell everybody" about if I wanted.

First, he wanted to make sure everybody knew that he and Karin are only
going to be playing in the Cowboy Junkies band on the upcoming Junkies
tour, and that OtR isn't actually opening.

He says they've already got the framework for the new record laid out and
that they will be recording right up until L&K leave for the Junkies tour
in the beginning of July. The record will be mixed and all that in August
for release in late fall. It's being done before all of the major label
stuff is resolved so that they'll have something to take to Capitol so
that if Capitol doesn't like it, they'll know that signing with them might
not be the best move.

Linford on the record: "This is going to be Over The Rhine's Sgt.
Pepper's. We're going to get wacky with a few arrangements. Actually, I
don't if it is or not"

The track list in no particular order (Linford was VERY forthcoming
information-wise for some reason). Don't go any further if you want to be
surprised when it comes out.

Ten tracks. Approximately 50 minutes.
Goodbye
Moth ("A faster version")
Toledo (formerly known as Tumbleweeds)
Whatever You Say
Little Blue River ("An eight minute version" Yay.)
I Radio Heaven
If Nothing Else
It's Never Quite What It Seems (An American Dream)
Fairpoint Diary
The World Can Wait

Of course, after all of that, I had to leave three songs in because I was
fighting a VERY nasty flu bug, and was about twelve hours away from
breaking up with someone, so I probably shouldn't have been there in the
first place.

Jeff