Re: OTR Sighting

forward from jg900 at bright_net:

hi.

>> I spotted a bluish Japanese import with an Over The Rhine decal on it's
>back.
>
>decals?!?  there are decals?!????  where?
>(besides the obvious and sassy response "on the back of that bluish
japanese
>import in indianapolis".)

my red saab has one on its back bumper.   i saw one 6 months ago on the side
of a white jeep CJ at the grocery store...   at the OtR  tour stops to
n.e.ohio i used to always ask merchy todd if they had any more.  his answer
was always about the same:  they' been out for a long time, but they were
popular.  you should ask Linford to run another batch of them."   so,  up
i'd go to Linford.  "hiya,  got any more bumper stickers made?"   and the
answer was always no.

mine's starting to peel around the end of the word Rhine;  i could really
use a new one.

new topic on the same thread header....

the Cleveland OH show.

OtR without terri is like a hot fudge sundae without the cherry on top.
OtR without terri is like mint chokky chip ice cream without the brownie
hidden underneath.
OtR without terri is like a bath without Mr. Bubble.
OtR without terri is like going to all those places that ~don't~ take
American Express.
OtR without terri is like te Chicago Bulls without Michael Jordan  (sorry,
chris, that was a sports reference.)
OtR without terri is like Lucky Charms without the mini marshmallow
thingies.
OtR without terri is like Star Wars without Darth Vader (we just saw it;  i
kept wondering "when will it end?  when will it end?")
OtR without terri is like a hostess cupcake without the creamy filling.
OtR without terri is like a bowl of minestrone soup without the oyster
crackers.

that is to say, it's still really good,  but it's just not over the top
perfection.

dearly beloved's quote:  "i want a terri templeton album."

congratulations to DM.  he came in a very respectable 7th place in the
poetry slam.  i wasn't there, so i can't say any more than this, maybe it's
already been mentioned here before (i've committed the sin of not reading
the whole day's posts before posting myself).   but from what i've heard,
7th place in a field of national slam champions is pretty damn good.  so,
congratulations!

damn,  can Gardner get down and dance!!  woo~hoo, you GO, boy!  speaking of
dancing, our little corner of the room was the dancin'est corner,  did you
all notice that?   Bonny noticed!  she said that all the Kent people were
dancing,  and Yummy Chick Alex was dancing,  too.  She's a peripheral kent
person,  and coincidentally was dancing just at the periphery of our corner.

Rhapsody was on the setlist, for a change,  and they rocked their way
through gdbd's  little jesus song for one of the encores.   i'd give you the
title if i could remember it.   (gotta get that disc back from Victoria one
of these days).

naturally, i was really happy to see anne play under the same roof as OtR.
yay!

bonny's a trip!   we had a great time with her.

met Mr. Wookie!   he  *isn't*  the person i was guessing he was gonna be.
dearly beloved said he's cute, too, so the ALT holds true again.

Linford had a nice little hat on, i kep thinking,  that's gotta be hot  (it
was a really hot night!).

that's it.
say bye.

jg