Re: OTR guitar gear

--- Chris Emery <snd_chaser at hotmail_com> wrote:
> From: Creole1239 at aol_com

> Jack's main guitar is a vintage Gretsch Tennesseean,
> featuring bink's
> favorite Bigsby tremelo system.  He's also been
> using a Fender Strat a lot
> in the last 6 months.

YES! The Bigsby!!!!  :{)}

I can't quote what Ric uses, but yes, Jack plays (i believe) a 1957
Gretsch Country Gentleman 6120 (Not a Tennessean). My Tennessean is
similar to Jack's guitar; it's a 6119. I remember talking with Hazel at
a show in Columbus back in the winter and she said that he recently
aquired an old Guild Starfire which he loves, but I haven't seen him
use it. An old Telecaster and a Strat (which surprised me) has graced
his side on occasion.

As far as amps go, I know he uses the customary Vox AC30, but at the
Canal Street show I noticed he plugged into an old 1960s Gibson tube
amp. At any rate, it's all vintage, which is why it sounds so good....

bink at work