Re: @@@ hoping to end the confusion...

>i was listening to babi tori the other day, specifically y kant babi tori
>read,

My wife shudders at terms like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and "Hey Nonny
Nonny"....  something about the alliteration/assonance.  I think if she
heard "Y Kant Babi Tori Read" out loud she would have a fit.

>babi tori = tori amos.
>y kant babi tori read, therefore,  would translate to: y kant tori read
>babi tori joins the small list of musicians that i tag the affectionate
>"baby" name to:
>babi joni
>baby chrissy
>babie rickie
>baby nats...
>babi tori.

This, however, is profoundly disturbing in a straight-up way.  *Especially*
in lower case.

And if Tori Amos gets a "babi," and Chrissy Hynde gets a "baby," why
doesn't Natalie (Cole? Merchant?) get a "babie?"  Or, if indeed you're
working off the singularly affectionate "nats," wouldn't it be "babs?"

Helpfully,
jnf