Re: IS this true?

Otherone at aol_com forwarded this ol' thing:
>>- STOP  OUR  GOV 'T  FROM TAMPERING WITH OUR
>>  FREE   E-MAIL !!!!

It's a big lie.  File with the legendary Bill Gates email tracking
system.  www.snopes.com and www.urbanlegends.com both monitor these
things as they fly around the internet; and they usually have pretty good
explanations about the hoax's origins an' whether there's an ounce of
truth to them, etc etc etc.

I feel like I should say something interesting, cos here I am stepping
out of the lurk shadows.  But do I have an interesting thought in my
head?  Of course not.

I'll use Ezra:

"Salutation"

O Generation of the thoroughly smug
	and thoroughly uncomfortable,
I have seen fishermen picnicking in the sun,
I have seen them with untidy families,
I have seen their smiles full of teeth
	and heard ungainly laughter.
And I am happier than you are,
And they were happier than I am;
And the fish swim in the lake
	and do not even own clothing.

	Ezra #

And Mr. Amis:

"When you go to work every day, you aren't really living.  In some ways
it must be a great relief.  Really living--now that's hard graft, that's
nine-to-five stuff (it's like going to work every day).  Really living is
what I'm doing, and it's killing me.  Being a tramp is a tall order.
Only tramps seem to be up to it.  Only tramps can cope."

	John Self, antihero from Martin Amis's _Money_

But do I feel represented by these fellows?  No.  Ahhh, well.

Slipping back into the shadows,

Fred

np: Morrissey -- Your Arsenal