Re: @ Peter Mulvey

Jaharnish2 at aol_com wrote:

> Mischeivous femme #1 - amyraven
> > >Let the beatings commence,
> >  >Raven-amy
>
> Mischeivous femme #2 - yz
> >  Oooh! Ooooh! Can I watch? Can I HELP?
>
> such violence from fellow semi-goths. so be it!
> it is a unique love we all share on this list here.

As you stated leter in your post, "Membership has its priveleges".

> 	~ songs of love and keen observation ~
> [background]
> first of all, i am not a man prone to listening to music in the format of
> one guy and an acoustic guitar. to me, it's been done before. bleeding
> heart, folky, pseudo-clever, whatever... trite. cliche'. corny. tired.
> i do appreciate a good amount of folk music, don't think that i do
not.roots
> of folk music and celtic music are where my folk passions lie.
> i am the most snobbish and deprecating connoisseur of music that i
> know, and it takes A LOT to keep me interested in this guitarguy format.

Agreed. It seems that most music that passes as folk nowadays merely comes
across as the same tree-hugger tripe that's been passed on since the cursed
hippy generation.

> (quick sidebar: keep in mind, i am no guitarist. i am a drummer with a
> lust for light and an iron will. [where did that come from?] this is to
say
> that we have our own way.

Nicely done, Jay. Never have I seen anyone quote Over the Rhine in one
sentence, then Laibach in the next.

> of course, if i am confusing songs here, please associate the above
> proper lyric with the appropriate song yourself.
>
> or drive to your nearest 7-11 and pick up a cool refreshing goth drink
> like Strawberry Quick.
>
> then flash your teeth for a brief moment and think of me,
> incriminating carton in hand.
>
> everyone do your own part to stop the madness.

Please promise to do your part as well. This will be accomplished by your
not partaking of narcotics before posting. Thank you.

> thank [most of] you all for being so very lovely.

We do our best with what we have.

Thank you,

Gothbert Nightshade

"Beware thoughts that come in the night.
They aren't turned properly; they come in askew,
free of sense and restriction, deriving from
the most remote of sources."
William Least Heat Moon [William Trogdon]