Re: Star Wars (WARNING! Plot Points Revealed)

Chris, in his infinite wisdom, wrote:

<<Also, am I not the only one who wasn't surprised that Queen Amidala &
handmaiden Padme were switching places when appropriate?>>

I suspected that, but dismissed it because I thought it was too obvious.
My daughter, who's an SW fanatic, insisted that it was Amidala who
accompanied Qui-Gon on Tatooine. Now, here's *my* question. Are there any
clear indications to which scenes feature Amidala and which Padme? Were the
two characters played by the same girl? And if it *were* actually Amidala
when Qui-Gon decided to bet everything on Anikin in the podrace, why did
Amidala say that the Queen would not like Qui-Gon's choice? Why did Qui-Gon
respond that the Queen trusted him and then she backed off? Did Padme
actually exist? She was never in the same room with Amidala, was she?
Especially when Anakin came to say goodbye to Amidala before he went off to
begin his training. Maybe this is a given but I just didn't catch it.

Also, what about Shmi's response, as a mother, seeing her child leave
forever? Didn't she seem awfully calm? Was Lucas attempting to characterize
how he thought a Mary-like character would react?

The podrace was my favorite scene. Did anyone else catch the guy who played
"Wicket" beside Jabba? Wonder how many other Star Wars Trilogy characters
did cameos in E1.

I met Uncle Owen last year. What a trip. He seems pretty bitter that he's
"only" known for Star Wars. He kept talking about his "more serious" films
and dismissing the success of Star Wars.

Darth Maul was freaky. But not as freaky as the original character, I
guess. Lucas told the guy who conceptualized Maul to draw his worst
childhood nightmare, which I guess was just too horrific. He drew Bozo the
Clown with big metal teeth. Lucas told him to draw his second worst. :-)
I'm thankful, because my little man, Aleks, is coulrophobic. Big time.

S'all pretty amazing, if ya ask me...which you didn't. But what the heck.

denice

"Ultimately, Vader is redeemed by his children and especially by having
children. Because that's what life is all about--procreating and raising
children, and it should bring out the best of you."
		~George Lucas
____________________________________
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
    Visit "Dwelling Under the Hazelnut Tree,"
             our updated web page, at
       http://home.neo.rr.com/hazlett/
               Featuring Jaynie Kate!
  http://home.neo.rr.com/hazlett/jaynie.htm
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
ICQ: 17028662