Re: OtR @ Canal Street (M.K.& J.W. Harding)

At 02:01 PM 5/20/99 EDT, The DM wrote:
>  You lucky bastard. I read about the show one Kelsey's web sight and was
>razzed when I knew I was to busy this weekend.

Michael Kelsey's gonna be in Springfield on July 25th at Station One.  And
he's also gonna be somewhere in Cleveland in July (or maybe June).  I won't
make the Cleve show, but Station One was a good Kelsey show the last time I
saw him there... July 23-25 is another 3 concert weekend for me... yay!!  2
King's X shows and a Michael Kelsey show.

http://www.michaelkelsey.com/

>J.W. Harding is a trip. He's a british folkie with a more than usually
>active sense of humore (than he looks) He's got this great b-side called-
>Warning this is a parental advisory. Another is about the Beatles reuniting
>and getting abducted by aliens. Then there's the song "The king is dead
>boring."

Cool.  I'm looking forward to it.

>It should be a great show, if however 2 different energies. I rather wonder
>if J.W. knows who's opening for him and what he thinks of Kelsey's music-
>and what he does to a guitar.

Yeah.  Honestly, Michael Kelsey is phenomenal, and I've never seen anybody
do the things he does with an acoustic guitar.  He's like Ric Hordinski or
Phil Keaggy on crack... An utterly great performance to behold.

>Oh- you see Kelsey- tell his he need to e-mail D.M.

OK.

Dan

NP: Michael Kelsey - Gruvency

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
    "Fetch me the Pongmaster!" - Ozric Tentacles
+-                    AFTERSWISH                  -+