Re: Star Wars... It's not the hype

(D.M. Realizing the guando crock he is about to kick, but then getteing used
to explosions these days...)

>From: Kendrickjd at aol_com
>To: gibby at one_net, over-the-rhine at actwin_com
>Subject: Re: Star Wars... It's not the hype
>Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:58:17 EDT
>
>In a message dated 5/16/99 11:10:51 PM Central Daylight Time, gibby at one_net
>writes:
>
> > I can't see how someone of the gen x crowd, would
> >  *not* want to see this movie.

  One of the defining terms of Generation X- did you see Star Wars in the
theatre before 1980?

>it's simple, really.  i didn't enjoy the first ones.  just not my kind of
>movies.  i can appreciate the ground they broke and the new "technology"
>and
>all that, but ii didn't want to see them over and over.  how many of you
>saw
>_toy story_?  the first full-length computer animated movie, right?  okay,
>so
>they broke into some new territory, too.  but if 20 years from now they
>want
>to make a sequal to it, are you gonna stand in line for days to get
>tickets?

   No. and the differnce (vana spin the nostrodomos..)

   Toy Story Blew Goat Nuts. I mean Donde estan los palos de Muerte huge
gigundous.... (babbling off into discriptions of how bad Toy story sucked)

  Yes, the first fully animated movie...

    Whoops, hold on kids, I'm thinking toys (the one were Robin Williams
went back to doing drugs so as no to notice how much the movie clucked?)

Oddly enough... the point is the same...
And has a lot to do with the song Poughkeepsie (just to keep the OTR content
up)

  The story is SW is about redemption. It is about things that affected the
coming generation. As Val. M. Smith would say "cusp event"

  Toy story was a long commercial segment of CG rubbin' O' the Buddha with
enough of a story for the kids to get it.

Ta
D.M.