Re: (Fwd) Re: Star Wars... It's not the hype

>>Oh, I know Kurosawa served as an inspiration to Lucas, but obviously that's
not the same thing as the film being directed by Kurosawa himself.  I enjoyed
"Star Wars", but IMHO, it doesn't approach the artistry that Kurosawa
displayed in "Ran" or any number of other films.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

Better enjoy re-running those old movies, it's really too bad that he and Toshiro Mafuni (spelling is WAY off) are gone.

In a way, though, Lucas (or anyone) being inspired by Kurosawa is like him still being around to influence films.

--dana--