Re: (Fwd) Re: Star Wars... It's not the hype

Dana writes:

> >>movie (You'd think that I, as a former film student, would care more
about
>  the film, wouldn't you?  Perhaps if Kurosawa had directed "Star Wars"...
;)

>  )
>
>  It's funny that you should mention that since Lucas has stated in
interviews
> that he was inspired by Kurosawa when he came up with the story for _Star
> Wars_.
>
>  --dana--

Oh, I know Kurosawa served as an inspiration to Lucas, but obviously that's
not the same thing as the film being directed by Kurosawa himself.  I enjoyed
"Star Wars", but IMHO, it doesn't approach the artistry that Kurosawa
displayed in "Ran" or any number of other films.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  OtR - ASR

"In order to think, we must claim for our reasoning a validity which is not
credible if our own thought is merely a function of our brain, and our brains
a by-product of irrational physical processes." -- C.S. Lewis