radios and sinatra

hey everyone.

i just wanted to tell everyone that i heard *the genius of water* on the
radio today!  i was amazed.  it's not over the rhine is played every day on
the radio around here.  of course, i wish they had chosen a different song
for our listening pleasure, *but* i was so excited to hear them on my radio
that i i can forgive them that slight overlook.

anyway, the real purpose of this e-mail.  i sing with the pittsburgh concert
chorale, and we're doing *a sinatra retrospective* to celebrate the music of
frank sinatra for our pops concert this year.  we're singing with the benny
benack band, a well-known jazz band around this area, and benny's wife,
claudia, is singing for us.  during the first half of the show i sat in my
seat on stage, next to one of the few under-60 year olds in the chorus, and i
watched claudia sing.  and i turned my head to benny, sort of expecting a
linford-esque gaze.  unfortunately, it wasn't there.

i'm not exactly sure what this means.

maybe benny and claudia aren't as *in love* as karin and linford.
maybe when you haven't written the music, it's not as precious a bond.
maybe they just don't like looking at each other while they're performing.

i don't know.  but the night was missing something.  i think it was the aura
of love that i'm so accustomed to.

oh, and i'm going through listie withdrawel.  luckily i'll get to see jg next
week at anne e.!

np:  fiona apple  _tidal_
*hugz and kisses*
jessyka