Re: ASR / Linford solo piano

sir shannon lewis <SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu>
writes about ASR:
>  I must say, though -- overall the c.d.'s quite nice - I
>  just think they could've easily left "Blackbird" off,

oh, i don't think so.

last Friday, i finally listened to my new cd's while on the road.
i waited til i was alone evening driving to Pgh to give ASR a
good listen. this song 'Blackbird' had tremendous effect on me,
and might i even say an interesting physiological effect, at that...

hm.

anyway,

...and about the Linford solo piano disk:
>  Anyway -- I'm thankful to have new material..and don't even
>  get me started on Linford's instrumental disk.  I like.

yes, me too. if i may share -

last Friday i drove my dear 79 year old officemate and myself
to Grand Rapids for the day for business. on the three hour drive
back to Plymouth, i felt i was finally able to experience to this
solo piano cd of Linford's. Tom agreed with a nod and a smile.

yeah, something happened. something nostalgic, and i don't
quite know how to explain that in further detail. only that a few
side glances over at Tom showed a deeply reflective expression
on him - the kind of expression like he was somehow re-living
his youth, the courtship of his wife Mary. i could've sworn his
eyes had welled up a little, he just sat there quietly and
slowly nodding a little, gazing out the side window.

i was also deeply affected, i admit.

i envisioned dozens of candle-lit dinners, and hope.

this cd will be another soundtrack for me, and i'm
thankful for this offering from Linford Detweiler.

jay

NP: Læther Strip - _Serenade for the Dead_

"Out of sorrow entire worlds have been built,
out of longing, great wonders have been willed"
Nick Cave - (are you) the one I've been waiting for?
<{---o<(\,- Sir Edward Jay, the Second ov Harnish -,/)>--o---}>
	^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^
          http//members.aol.com/jaharnish2