Re: WAH!

> And lest we only think of him as a children's author, here's my
> favorite Shel Silverstein page:
>
> A tribute to the adult works of Shel Silverstein.
>
> http://www.banned-width.com/welcome.html
>
> And before you conservative fundy types refuse to go look, they're
> using 'adult' in the context of 'not childrens'

Well, yeah, and also in the context of "specifically for adults."  I think
I remember seeing a book about a man who crawled into a giant cave that
looked suspiciously like a double-entendre (and never came out again).

But it is a sad day, nonetheless.  "Where The Sidewalk Ends" is so
inextricably woven into my childhood that I imagine it even colors the way
I think.  I can recite "There's A Light In The Attic" from memory.

Did you know that Shel wrote "A Boy Named Sue," famously sung by Johnny
Cash?

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: