Re: Kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

jg wrote:
>yes, Jessyka, i rubbed his hair too.  had to!  reminds me that i need
>another haircut.  once it begins to "lay down" it's too long.    i don't
>want it quite as short as Dan's, but maybe about the length Dan's will be
>next week at this time will be good.

The length that Dan's hair will be at this time next week will be the same
length that it is at *this* time this week, though... Dan tries to shave it
once a week.  One time in the recent past (during tax season), I think Dan
let it go three weeks.  It got way too long (past a qtr inch), and it was
almost unbearable... :)

On a sidenote, Dan likes talking in third person- it's fun...

> [snip]
>(at this point in the gig,  listie Dan kindly pulls a lock of Miss Jen's
>hair from it's new home in Chris' teacup.  yes,  Chris notices,  but Jen is
>unaware.  that was nice of you Dan.  you score points.  Maybe tannic acid is
>good for hair,  who knows?)

Well, ya know, I try to help out when I can.  I wouldn't want tea messing
up someone with such gorgeous hair.  The rumors about Miss Jen were quite
true.  An absolutely gorgeous lady with some "most excellent" fiery-red hair.

Oh, the song was "Motel Room" from VoL's _Killing Floor_ CD...

My mini-review: Great show.  Monk rocked.  It was nice seeing Ric play on
his own.  He's also a very cool guy to talk with.  And, BTW, Chris let me
know any info you have on the June 18th Monk show when you get it...

VoL rocked, too.  This was my first time seeing them.  They didn't
disappoint.  They played about half old stuff and half new stuff.  I'm
eagerly awaiting _Audible Sigh_ when it comes out (hopefully @
Cornerstone).  Bill is a great guy to talk to.  He's totally down to earth.
 Kenny plain old rocks on stringed instruments- guitar, mandolin, lap
steel, yo-yo, tangled yarn.

The listies rock, as usual.  The unplanned ride up to Kent with Chris was
cool.  I have definitely added Mingus & King Crimson to my want list.
Denise and jg were cool and very nice.  Thanks for all of the caramels- too
many, I think.  And it was a definite pleasure meeting Miss Jen.  I wish we
could have stayed later and hung out.  I know Chris & I wanted to.  However
my friend Nate (not a listie, but we can't blame him for that, can we?)
wanted to get home... Oh well.

And last but not least, the food at Brady's rules.  It only took an hour
plus, though.  But it was worth it.  Thank God for the caramels...

Dan

NP: I Mother Earth - Scenery and Fish

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
    "Fetch me the Pongmaster!" - Ozric Tentacles
+-                    AFTERSWISH                  -+