Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

jg,

thanks for your great review!  Maybe we should take up a collection and
send you to all the shows as the official concert reviewer!

you asked:

> 6. next song, i should know this because i'm so old,  is ~i think~ a byrds
> cover.  the chorus goes,  "i was so much older then, i'm younger than that
> now"  and it was jangly sounding,  so i'm gonna bet my nickel that it was
> the Byrds.  binkybuddy chime in here:  this is your field, help me out of
> this jam i'm in, please.

They've been doing two Dylan songs:  "My Back Pages", and "All along the
watchtower"-- I'm not that *farm animal* with either, but could it be
MBP?

> 8.  Bill introduces the song "to the roof of the sky" by telling us that
> it;s based on his reading an account of the 1930's ascent of Mt. Everest to
> his son,  and how the climber did it "because it was there"  and how he died
> on the trip up.

This song was one that really didn't manifest for me until the May first
discovery Of George Mallory's body frozen into Mt Everst.  Now that I
have read up on it and know the story, the song gives me chills.  Bill
is probably one of the best songwriters we have today!

> 15.  guessing here:  "call the doctor"  (??)

Or aka "opposite's true"

> 6  guessing again.  (guess i shoulda run up and stole a setlist, huh?) this
> time i say, "hotel song"  (??)  there's a line in the chorus that goes "can
> you save my life?"  or at least i think so.   major VoL fans here feel free
> to correct any errors i have made.  i won't mind.

Well. I'm not a major fan, but pretty big.  This one I think is called
"Motel Room"

> 17. (??)  no guess on the title of this one,  but Bill introduces it as a
> song based on a hymn,   and he loves hymns.  a chorus line goes, "i wanna
> show you my allegiance, lord)"   again, help is appreciated if you can help
> with this title.

Easily, "Double Cure".  This was my fave vol song for a long time--might
still be.  It's the "Double Cure" from the OTR and VOL "DC" tour, ca.
1996
also a quote from the Bible  IIRC.

see ya, I'm off to a calculus review session!

Mark