Moth

Hello, all of you...
It's been about a year since I've been on the list, but I am happy to
be back now.

I've been mulling over a connection between the song *moth* and a
section from Annie Dillard's book *Holy the Firm* since the Canal
Street shows, where I spent the entire night moving everytime someone
needed to get through the aisle (but I had an excellent view despite
that!)...I suppose because I was reading "American Childhood" at the
time and A.D.'s writing was in my thoughts, I remembered a moth
reference from *Holy the Firm*.  For those of you who haven't read the
book and would be interested in (at least) reading the section I am
referring to, please email me offlist.  I just typed it in to send to
the whole list, but my computer shut down before I could send
it...sigh...so I am not going to bother to retype it if no one's
interested.  If you have the book, the section is on pages 14-17.
(Moths burning with and without flames).

ANYWAY...I have really been enjoying this song, musically it has
impressed me...but have had trouble figuring the lyrics...although when
I do get sections--wow.

Below I typed what I have figure thus far...anytime I have elipses,
it's because I don't know what's next.  Could you help me figure out
the rest of the song--or correct what I have incorrect?  Thank you!!!

Moth
Same old question without words
So familiar, seldom heard. If I answer, I confess, I have (am??) only
just a guess. And with my eyes it's hard to see, with my ears it's hard
to believe that if I ever lose my will to live, it would mean that I
could not forgive.

There's no saviour hanging on this cross, there's a suffering with fear
and loss. This is closer than I ever came--just a burning moth without
a flame.

Isaac's knife (???) can cutaway all the poison yesterdays. And the
anger, break (take??) it down into the ocean, let it drown. As far as
east is from the west, I let you go on and . . .
My answer . . .is a strife, it's the way I chose to live my life.

. . .
See yourself in a different light
. . .
and wouldn't Jesus be surprised.

It's an offer that you can't refuse, It's a trophy that you want (???)
to lose.
You'll do anything, You'll do anything
You're a burning moth without a flame."

Well, there you have it. . .
Any suggestions??

Thanks again...
(Chris Emery, have you been continuing to clog the list??  btw, it was
nice to finally meet ya.)

Jeni