otr: monet

one of the perks of homeschooling...you have an excuse to trapse across the
country seeing things lotsa people don't see. we've been to chicago for
several special exhibits, but particularly liked monet and cassatt. i was
never really "into" art--i went because my daughter was interested, and i
wanted to encourage that artsy-fartsy stuff. but when i saw some of the
paintings, live, firsthand--ohmigosh. one in particular, called "the
magpie," by monet was amazing. i can't believe how a dab of white paint can
be transformed into a shaft of light.

mary cassatt--now, *there's* an incredible woman. if you just look at her
paintings, you may be vastly impressed, but if you find out the stories
behind them--the social norms she was challenging--it's even more
impressive. wow.

now i'm into art.

denice
____________________________________
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit "Dwelling Under the Hazelnut Tree,"
             our updated web page, at
       http://home.neo.lrun.com/hazlett/
               NOW WITH PHOTOS!!
hththththththththththththththththththththththth
ICQ: 17028662

Q. Why is there no such organization as
Chocoholics Anonymous?
   A. Because no one wants to quit.