Monet (no OtR)

barkera at nsk-corp_com  wrote (and quoted)
>I still enjoy Monet. I still find a certain emotional resonance to >his
>work. We have a "Water Lilies" in the Philadelphia Museum of >Art, and I
>rather enjoy it... I'll second that.  I never really cared for the Water
> >Lilies'collection, but the Cincinnati Art Museum has a Monet titled
> >something like 'Rocks at Giverny'(shame on me for not knowing the >exact
>title) that completely soothes the beast within.  On a few >occasions that
>I'm in town to visit the folks, I've made special >side trips just to sit
>and contemplate that painting alone for an >hour or so.  I was overjoyed
>when I found a museum poster of that >piece so I could have it at home.  Of
>course it's not quite the >same, but it's served it's purpose well when
>I've needed it.

My fiance and I just aquired a museum poster of a Monet which has a
beautiful stone arch bridge over a river under a partly cloudy sky. (double
shame on me for not knowing the title) The way it captures light is
stunning, and it's just the poster. Monet is definitely a favourite.
As for the Waterlilies in Philly- I didn't know it's there! How did I miss
that! However, Cleveland has a geourgeous one. I think the Cleveland art
museum is the best I've been in. I was amazed.

Greg Smith
janweatherman at hotmail_com
AIM: GregConshy
http://members.tripod.com/janweatherman/index.html