Re: Re: Moth lyrics

>>For as much as we get Monet rammed down our
>>throats, his paintings lack personality and emotional depth.

>Hey! Personal Foul!
>
>Maybe it's just because i've escaped the Water Lilies mug, umbrella, scarf,
>poster, tablecloth, screensaver, mouse pad, and toilet paper, but I still
>enjoy Monet. I still find a certain emotional resonance to his work. We have
>a "Water Lilies" in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and I rather enjoy it.
>Then again, I'm a softie/sentimentalist when it comes to art-- I'll take Alma
>Tadema or the Pre-Raphaelites over Picasso any day. Not that I think they
>make inconsequential or less-important art!

I'll second that.  I never really cared for the 'Water Lilies' collection, but
      the Cincinnati

Art Museum has a Monet titled something like 'Rocks at Giverny' (shame on me for
      not

knowing the exact title) that completely soothes the beast within.  On a few
      occasions that

I'm in town to visit the folks, I've made special side trips just to sit and
      contemplate that

painting alone for an hour or so.  I was overjoyed when I found a museum poster
      of that

piece so I could have it at home.  Of course it's not quite the same, but it's
      served it's purpose

well when I've needed it.

later,

AaronB

np - In my head, the sweet sound of a Porcshe 962 whooshing past at the end of
      the

       Road Atlanta backstretch.   That brief interlude between the driver
      coming off the

       accelerator and pressing firmly on the brakes as he approaches the hard
      left-hander

       at the bottom of the hill....