Steve Taylor's Jimmy

Chris Emery wrote:

>I love Steve Taylor!   Is he running for president again this
year?

>What's new with him?  Does anyone have his official site
handy?

As Someone posted, he's running Squint records. A new album from him is long
rumoured, but it never happens. I've heard several times from folks in the
music biz that he's working on one, but it keeps getting pushed off. He
directed the first video for 6p's Kiss Me (the one with them running around
in Paris) But I love his label. Is anyone familiar with Burlap To Cashmere?
They're on Squint as well. Very good stuff. Rusted Root meets the Gypsy
Kings.

Anyway, when I was in the marching band at SRU (when Beavis & Butthead was
new and cool), "Kick him in the Jimmy" was a favorite Trumpet line cheer of
ours that got us in trouble with disturbing frequency. Another favorite was
"Have Some!", which was accompanied by a hand gesture that invited public
access to our nether regions. I think it was collective insanity. Or the big
fat bag of crack we smoked before each game. Ah, those were the days...

Greg Smith
janweatherman at hotmail_com
AIM: GregConshy
http://members.tripod.com/janweatherman/index.html